Saturday, September 20, 2008

September 20, 2008 - Flowers

Today is going to be a mixture of flowers.
To start off with,,this is a 'Blue Boy' Bachelor button. It amazes me how such a simple flower can be so pretty!
This is a flower I have always wanted. This is the beginning bud of a 'Disco Belle Mix' Hibiscus. The flowers are pretty good size. I'll have more pics of Hibiscus coming later, that are fully open.

Next we have a white 4 o'clock. I have always loved these since the first time I planted some when we lived in Kansas. In fact I haven't had any since. I really enjoy these bushy plants when in full bloom.
This photo is the inside of a poppy. I'm not sure what variety, other than it definitely isn't an 'Oriental or California'. I think it is either a 'Shirley' or 'Iceland' .


This flower I still have to get identified. It was in with a package of 'Old Fashion Garden Flower Mix' seeds. I think it might be 'Mexican Hat' but not really sure. Will edit the name when I find out. UPDATE: I have found out the name of this flower it is: Plains Coreopsis/CalliopsisCoreopsis tinctoria (Asteraceae).
This unusual photo is a close of a 'Flowering Kale'. These actually can be quite pretty.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments you have been leaving.

Blessings, RainbowRose Connie

No comments: